Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oakland, France, United States

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Happy Birthday...La Poste??

We headed to our local post office around the corner from our apartment yesterday afternoon to mail a package home to Emmett's Uncle Dave. We walked in to see streamers, balloons, a woman singing into a microphone, a gentleman playing the keyboard near by, and a kiosk with another gentleman serving coffee, tea, juice, candy, and cookies. Apparently, September 20 is the birthday of France's la poste, and we were more than happy to celebrate with them! (Does the postal service in the U.S. ever do anything like this?)

Unfortunately, it didn't make the line move any faster. We were there for almost 30 minutes, but at least we had entertainment and refreshments to keep us occupied.



I signed up for another race over the weekend. This one is the 20 km de Paris on Sunday, October 16th. I need something to work off all the pastries, cheese, chocolate, and bread I've been allowing myself. I let myself believe that I was on vacation for a while there....

1 Comments:

Blogger JBY said...

Mon Dieu Lynna! ANOTHER race! I'm so impressed. What a nice balance- un fromage et un chocolat ici, un gateau la-bas, et un autre kilometre pour mes jambes. Have a great race!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older
Site Meter