Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oakland, France, United States

Friday, September 23, 2005

Emmet and Chris' second day in Paris



After breakfast (during which 4 out of the 5 eggs we cracked open were double yolks!), Chris and Emmet headed for the Eiffel Tower while David went to school and I stayed home to let Emmett nap. Emmett and I met up with them in the early afternoon to have lunch on the Champs-Elysees at Léon de Bruxelles, a chain restaurant in Paris specializing in mussels and frites.



The weather in Paris today was sunny with a touch of humidity. With Emmett in the backpack, the four of us strolled down the Champs-Elysee toward the Arc de Triomphe where we climbed the narrow stairwell to the tip top to see all of Paris and the organized chaos below in the Etoile.


We continued onward to Les Invalides, containing a hospital, monument, museum, the tomb of Napoleon, and one of my favorite cathedrals in Paris where I've run into classical music concert rehearsals on occasion. Emmet had taken over carrying little Emmett in the backpack at this point, which was a relief for me to feel 25 or so pounds lighter. Our energy level started to wane at around 5:00 (Emmett had fallen asleep in the backpack), so we did a quick sweep through Les Invalides and headed home to get ready for dinner.


Stay tuned for dinner....

2 Comments:

Blogger JBY said...

I forgot to mention that the two yolks is such great luck and such great time during this Moon Festival season. Who needs moon cake when you've got double-yolked eggs. We wish you lots of health and good times ahead!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog! I feel like I'm almost there with you guys...but pigs' feet and tripe? Ewww! Stew and I miss you much.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older
Site Meter