Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oakland, France, United States

Saturday, October 29, 2005

We love Amorino!

We found a small chain of gelato boutiques in Paris that we don't think existed on previous trips. Amorino makes artisan gelato in the most delicious flavors. If we lived closer to one of their six boutiques around Paris, I would no longer fit into my pants. If I could, I would have a medium-sized cone (moyen cornetto) (which they'll fill with unlimited flavors!!) every single day.

It's a feast for the eyes, too. They use a flat spatula to shape the different flavors into petals, so what they hand you is a huge flower-on-a-cone. And the flavors! I usually go for the chocolate, caramel, and pistachio, but occasionally, I'll mix it up a bit and go for coffee, coconut, Nutella, and/or stracciatella. In addition to coffee and stracciatella, David likes their fruity sorbets: pineapple, strawberry, mango, and pink grapefruit. Today, Emmett got to sample little tiny tastes of David's mango and pineapple sorbets.


Come visit in Paris and we'll treat!! That's our promise.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jacqueline A. Whole said...

haha, that photo of emmett w/ the cone looks like it could be the movie poster for "Attack of the Killer Gelatos".

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man everytime i come to this site i leave wanting to go eat something completely decadent.

8:18 AM  
Blogger JBY said...

Gimme some gelato! Have some straciatella for me. The gelato in Quito was very sub-standard. Go figure. South America isn't known for it's ice cream.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Yummy!! Emmett is a lucky li'l guy!

Yet again,... I feel like I've gained weight just reading about all the beautful food over there! Enjoy!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older
Site Meter