Site Meter .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Oakland, France, United States

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I Found a Job!

Well, it's just a temporary job, but I'll take what I can get!

Thanks again to MESSAGE, my lifeline here in Paris, I responded to a job posting on the forum. A France-based marketing company called DMS was looking for native English speakers to proofread and edit a set of questionnaires for one of their clients, Louis Vuitton. I went in for an informal interview and briefing session a couple weeks ago and started work almost immediately. The best part (and the only reason I could take the position) is that I can do all the work from home and submit everything on-line. I get paid 6 € for each questionnaire I edit. It won't be a lot of money, but at least what I earn will add to our babysitting fund and allow us to splurge on a couple of meals.

I haven't actually gotten paid yet, so we'll see how French bureaucrazy works with this endeavor.

2 Comments:

Blogger JBY said...

Uhhh...can you uh, work out a Louis Vuitton purse for me? Please consult David on negotiation techniques as apparently he should be well-versed with that given that one of his professors worked at Vuitton...or was that Hermes?

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Lynna! So cool how you end up with these neat jobs! Enjoy the extra cash!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older
Site Meter